The Pap Corps Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest volunteer fundraising organizations in South Florida with 53 chapters and over 20,000 members all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, the only academic hospital in our community.
- The Pap Corps has donated more than $110 million to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center including a historic $50 million pledge in 2016 dedicating The Pap Corps Campus at Sylvester at Deerfield Beach. Pap Corps funds support research efforts and help recruit world-renowned researchers and physicians.
- Established The Pap Corps Endowed Professorship in Leukemia at Sylvester
- Supported Sylvester’s four core research programs in Viral Oncology, Cancer Control, Tumor Biology, and Cancer Epigenetics
- Dr. Krishna Komanduri’s Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program benefited from the Dr. Kevin Berkowitz Year End Memorial Initiative
- Provided matching gifts of $400,000 to the Community Foundation of Broward County to fund a new precision medicine trial in Broward and Palm Beach counties testing patients with late-stage cancer